Works as advertised. Convenient way to control your music without getting up from the couch!- A Google Play user
Have you ever found yourself a couple of feet away from your computer, tired of the currently playing song, but too lazy to actually get up and change it? Fear not, with the MediaMonkey Remote, this is history! *
The MediaMonkey Remote is, as the name implies, a remote for MediaMonkey, a popular media player for Windows. The remote itself runs on most Android devices, both phones and tablets.
You'll find some interesting screenshots here.
Note: Due to large changes in the plugin system in the new MediaMonkey 5 beta, the remote does not yet support this version of MediaMonkey. I'm working on it, but it'll take som time.
For this to work, you need to have the server installed on your computer, and the app on your Android device.
- Download the app from here: MediaMonkey Remote at Google Play
- Download the server from here: Server, Windows installer
- NOTE: The server requires .Net Framework 4.0. This is usually installed on all Windows computers by default, but if you don't have it, you can download it from here.
Other downloads (zip, apk, older versions)
Problems? Bugs? Requests? Suggestions? General feedback?
This app is provided for free, and has been created by a single, hungry student over more than three years, and it is still updated and maintained. If you like the app, please consider making a donation.
If you have any suggestions for me, UserVoice is a very easy way of letting me know (and looking at other user's suggestions): Go to UserVoice.
To use the MediaMonkey Remote, you need to install the server program on the computer running MediaMonkey, and the Android app on the Android device you want to use as a remote control.
- Download and install the server (on your computer with MediaMonkey) and the app (on your Android device).
- Start the server
- Open the app, and the first time tutorial guides you through everything.
- If you run into any trouble, the "Troubleshooting" section of the FAQ can probably help you.