MmRemote Forum

Help and discussion about the MediaMonkey Remote

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-10 18:43:50

Bert

Windows 10 MM remote server won't start anymore.

Hi Erland,

I just installed WIN10 a few days ago. Now your beautifull remote server won't start anymore, it's also not in the systemtray anymore. I tried reinstall, Followed your FAQ but I do't know how to get the logs from WIN10 to send them to you. I only found an old Vista link on your FAQ site and that did not work or maybe I did something wrong. I have a Dutch version of WIN10 so that's is making it even more difficult for me. Also my Smartphone can't find the server anymore.

Do you or sombody else has a sugestion?

It all worked execelent with WIN7

I'm not in a hurry for your answer or sugestions. But it would be nice for my next BBQ smile Wich is soon because the weather is so good overhere.

Thanks in advance for an answer

Regards,

Bert

#2 2015-08-11 06:47:56

Erlend
Administrator

Re: Windows 10 MM remote server won't start anymore.

Hi there!

You should be able to follow the Vista-guide, the newer OSes are very similar in their folder structure. The important parts are Win+R, enter "%appdata%", locate the "MediaMonkey Remote" folder, and send me the contents of the "logs" folder within that.

Also, you could try starting it, and then relatively quickly follow this link to get me some additional info: http://www.mmremote.net/FAQ/Single/?entry=eventlog

If you're quick with the log files, I'll try to be quick with the solution. wink

#3 2015-08-11 12:59:12

Bert

Hi there,

Maybe I'm a bit supid but where can I sent this files to? Or is there a way to put it in this answer?

Sorry,

Bert

#4 2015-08-11 13:56:35

Bert

Hi,

I have send it to you with feedback and support button.

Thnx

Bert

#5 2015-08-12 15:04:26

Erlend
Administrator

Got it. Solved the issue for Bert (he had to delete his settings file, which had been corrupted). I'm working on a more permanent fix for such issues, which will be released with the next update.

#6 2015-08-12 15:31:24

Bert

Yes, it all works fine again:)

Thanks

#7 2015-08-21 20:27:46

ojukiyo

Hi,

I have the same problem that Bert.

I dont understande the solution.
Where is the file corrupted, in PC or in phone?

I have unistalled in both PC an Phone, reinstalled again but not solved the issue.

Sorry for my english

#8 2015-08-22 09:51:49

Erlend
Administrator

Hi there! It's on the PC. Go to the MediaMonkey Remote folder in AppData (see my first reply in this thread), and delete the settings.json file. And actually, if you could send it to me before deleting  it, that would be great. I still need to figure out exactly why this happens.

#9 2015-08-27 12:48:04

Kadeo26

I am on windows 10, too and couldn't get the app and the server to find each other. I updated both app and server, on both PCs and both phones and tried again, but they still won't communicate.

Both phones say "Can't connect to the server" even if it's running and all settings match up - I have emailed AppData Logs and files attached to you.

Kadeo26

#10 2015-08-27 12:53:12

Erlend
Administrator

That sounds like a firewall issue. Please take a look at this FAQ item, especially the second and third paragraphs: http://www.mmremote.net/FAQ/Single/?entry=cantconnect

#11 2015-08-30 16:05:44

Kadeo26

Erlend wrote:

That sounds like a firewall issue. Please take a look at this FAQ item, especially the second and third paragraphs: http://www.mmremote.net/FAQ/Single/?entry=cantconnect

Many Thanks

I allowed MMR access to public networks and it now appears to work OK.

#12 2015-08-30 16:27:48

Erlend
Administrator

Great!

#13 2016-07-19 15:48:44

Iyney

What worked for me (for the server starting then exiting straight away issue) was running the server in reduced color mode (goto: C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey Remote Server/ right click MediaMonkey Remote Server.exe/properties/compatability tab) - My exe was already set to run as administrator and I left it at the default 8bit setting. Tried this after the json file fix didn't work for me so glad to have stumbled across another solution tongue

#14 2016-07-20 08:50:27

Erlend
Administrator

Huh, that sounds extremely strange, but nice that you got it working! wink

#15 2020-11-21 10:49:08

ChristianPag

i have a problem with HTML5 component.

If use HTML5 component  external html5 link in my Timelines, it don't work with Windows Player, but with android player it work correctly.

Have you a solution for tihs issue?

Board footer