MmRemote Forum

Help and discussion about the MediaMonkey Remote

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-30 20:01:52

horn34

How to disable "Cleared Playlist, Added 1 Tracks"

mmremote is suddenly doing this extremely annoying action when I click on a song in the library (Cleared Playlist, Added 1 Tracks). I don't want anything added or removed from a playlist, I don't want any playlist options. I have the general setting to Play Now in Library Single Click Action, but all that does is generate Cleared Playlist, Added 1 Tracks when I click on a song in the library. Reinstalling doesn't help. Since after I click on a song, I get a playlist of 1 single song, the app is basically useless for controlling MM remotely. I did pay for the bonus features, if that counts. Really need some help.

#2 2015-07-31 07:31:52

Erlend
Administrator

Re: How to disable "Cleared Playlist, Added 1 Tracks"

Hi there!

That is probably the intended behavior for that setting. In MediaMonkey, "Play now" will always replace whatever is in your playlist with what you chose to play. Therefore, any "Play now" actions from the remote will do the same. I suggest you try to change the setting to "Play next" or something completely different.

#3 2015-07-31 21:23:48

horn34

Erlend wrote:

Hi there!

That is probably the intended behavior for that setting. In MediaMonkey, "Play now" will always replace whatever is in your playlist with what you chose to play. Therefore, any "Play now" actions from the remote will do the same. I suggest you try to change the setting to "Play next" or something completely different.

Normally I'd agree with you, but this is something that just started. I used to be able to click on any song in my library from mmremote and it would just play, without generating that "Cleared Playlist" message. It's doing it constantly now, even after multiple reinstalls, so there has to be some setting I changed that did this. I just don't know what it is and I've made maybe 2 MM settings changes (disabling Volume normalize and Clipping Protection).

#4 2015-08-03 07:18:36

Erlend
Administrator

Huh. Not quite sure I understand what's wrong here. In the app, have you tried going to Settings => General settings => Library single click action, and choosing for example "Play next" or "Do nothing"? ("Do nothing" is the default value)

#5 2015-11-27 15:37:03

Seabottom

I have to say that I'm not satisfied with this either.
On my PC, when I double-click a song on my "all my music" list, that song will play immediatly and when the song is over, the program plays another song by random if shuffle is enabled (it always is).
However, with the app, when I click a song I want to hear, it also starts playing immediatly (changed in settings), however when the song is over, the same song starts playing all over again.

This is not optimal. I do not wish a song to be "played next" in case I want to skip the current one entirely, so choosing a good one from the library is an ideal choice.
So just make it so that the shuffle mode is enabled at all times, even after selecting a song manually in the library. I don't care about the app playlist, only the ones already created on my computer.

#6 2015-11-27 16:22:52

Seabottom

I found out that it only clears the playlist if I select a song from the main library like browsing for it. The behaves like I want it to if I start a new song on the PC and select the current playlist in the app.

#7 2015-12-01 08:32:06

Erlend
Administrator

Hi there!

[Edit: Oops, this paragraph is probably what Seabottom describes in his last post.] First of all, please keep in mind that it is different to click a track in the "Now playing" tab and in the "Library". Clicking it in the "Library" will assume that you wanted to ADD it to the playlist, and do that in whatever way you have selected in the Library. You may find that clicking it in the "Now playing" tab works more similar to what you want.

I can see now that for some reason I haven't implemented it like MediaMonkey does, where double clicking a track will add all tracks in the current view, and start playing the one you selected. This will probably work like you describe, Seabottom.

I'll make sure to add the default MediaMonkey action in the next update!

Board footer