MmRemote Forum

Help and discussion about the MediaMonkey Remote

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-21 19:16:38

grantd

can't see songs in playlists and songs won't play

(REPOSTED in correct section)

Have MediaMonkey on desktop, and MediaMonkey Remote installed on Samsung G5.
The network seems active and I can see my playlist (from deskstop) on phone app.

1. When I select (drill down) into a playlist, no songs show up on the phone app - it appears as if nothing is there.

2. Otherwise, try to select "play" on a given song (I can find), and get this error message:

"Command failed: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt..."

#2 2014-09-22 18:16:09

Erlend
Administrator

Re: can't see songs in playlists and songs won't play

Thanks, just posting this to let others know that I and Grant are working on this.

#3 2014-09-29 13:12:52

Harding

Hi all,
I have the same Problem but a Little different. On one of my Servers it runs perfect.(Server has WIN 7) On the other one it doesn't.(WIN XP) But when I start a song from mediamonkey on the Laptop(thats the one with xp) I can use the remote on my Android cellphone to start and stop and increase volume of the running song. I also can browse through the connected Servers and harddrives . They Show all my Songs on the phone...but when I want to start the song it says the same ERROR MESSAGE like above, but in german though :-)

Hope you can find an answer and give me some advice

Thanks beforehand

greetings from Germany

Harding

#4 2014-10-02 06:25:57

Erlend
Administrator

Thanks, Harding. If you want to help us get to the root of the problem, please contact me on my e-mail. smile

#5 2015-09-12 01:27:58

skris88

I'd like to help with the resolution if you wish.

I have 2 PCs.  MMremote works fine off the first.  It is a HTPC running Win7. 

The second device where the Android tablet gets the "attempting to write to protected memory" is a WinStick with Win8.

I have two Android devices I a trying this on.  One a no-name-brand and the other a Sony Xperia.

I removed the app and reinstalled off Google Play Store but no improvement.

Thanks!

Board footer