MmRemote Forum

Help and discussion about the MediaMonkey Remote

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-17 18:42:31

mfern2117

Sound to phone

Is it possible to play the music on my phone at the same time as my PC?
Reason is, I have an HTC One and play music on it when I'm in my kitchen or outside smoking and want to be able to have it all sync together.
Maybe another volume option from the "Player" screen?

Working perfect, great work!

Mike

#2 2013-09-17 19:06:28

Erlend
Administrator

Re: Sound to phone

Right now, that's not possible. It may happen sometimes in the future, though. See here, and feel free to vote/comment: https://mmremote.uservoice.com/forums/216825-general/suggestions/4258313-playing-the-music-through-the-phone-tablet

#3 2015-05-04 09:27:34

MikeB

Great idea mfern2117.
Would it be by DLNA/uPnP
Would love to be able to get music to my device as well.

#4 2015-05-04 11:35:25

Erlend
Administrator

It's a great idea, but it's also a very complicated and time consuming problem, and I don't feel it's a feature that fits well in a remote control app. After all, the main function of this app should be to remote control, not to stream music. Therefore, my current stance is that I will prioritize features that are relevant for a remote app, but that I might look into creating a streaming app at a later time.

For now, I think the official MediaMonkey app supports DLNA/uPnP and perhaps streaming, and I know there is an app called Airfoil that can stream music/sound on local area networks. Check that out! wink

The MediaMonkey app also supports automatic synchronization to your phone, which is a feature that I love!

Board footer