MmRemote Forum

Help and discussion about the MediaMonkey Remote

Due to overwhelming amounts of spam, I had to close new registrations on the forum. Please contact me on my e-mail or use UserVoice to report bugs or feature suggestions.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-28 11:10:34

Loban

Comfort-level improvements

I use the MediaMonkey Remote almost every day, and i have a few suggestions how to improve the user-friendliness of the whole app.

1. Tablet design: Since most of the People hold there Tablet with two hands, a "thumb-control-skin" would be great. Means all the controls are placed on the two outer quarters of the Screen. The album art shows in middle of the screen.

[URL=http://www.imgimg.de/bild_NeueBitmapc88106e6jpg.jpg.html][IMG]http://s3.imgimg.de/thumbs/NeueBitmapc88106e6jpg.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

2. Mini-Playlist: Mini-Playlist on the Player-Tab (about the next 5 songs)

3. Search Window: Search mask should still be visible after searching, also please change the Key-Configuration, so that the enter button starts the search instead of beginning a new line.

4. Songtext: Lyrics display, at least the one out of the mp3-Tag (taggin is super easy with Lyricator)

5.1. Remote-Start: It would be great, if there was a way to start your Computer over Wake-On-Lan, implemented into the remote.
5.2. Media Monkey Start: Start Media Monkey with a Command from your Tablet (i think its realy easy to implement, just let the Remote-Server open a pre-specified path)

6. A way to pay over pay-pal for the premium app

So far this is everything.

Greezz Loban

ps. Excuse my wäri bääd änglisch, i'm from switzerland and it's not my native language. (Corrections are allowed^^)

#2 2013-04-28 13:46:30

Erlend
Administrator

Re: Comfort-level improvements

1) Sehr gut! I like this design, and will probably use some of the ideas when I start improving the tablet layout. Thanks!

2) For tablets, yep. For phones, not enough space.

3) Could you please elaborate here? Don't think I got that. Agree on the key-binding part.

4) Is on my todo-list, but not prioritized right now.

5.1) Wake-on-lan will be added in a later update.

5.2) Is already there. It's a part of the bonus features ("Computer menu").

6) Can probably be done. A couple of people have asked for it, so I'll check out some options.

#3 2013-04-28 16:17:41

Loban

3.) After you press the Search Button the Search "Tab" goes away and the results appear. I would like the search-bar to remain, to be faster when trying to specify the search. The way it is now, I have to press the search button again to amend my search.

I just figured out right now, that the "Song" search has more than one search-field (all the others have just one), so i think it would be a problem with the space.

#4 2013-04-28 17:12:14

Erlend
Administrator

Ah, I see. Yep, might be a space problem for "Song" search, at least. I'll see what I can do.

6) is added now, by the way. It would be very nice if you would take a look at http://mmremote.net/Bonus , and see if you think it is understandable. Note that the "RemoteID" and the "Non-Play donation e-mail" in Settings does not exist in the current version of the app (they will ship with the next update).

Board footer