MmRemote Forum

Help and discussion about the MediaMonkey Remote

Due to overwhelming amounts of spam, I had to close new registrations on the forum. Please contact me on my e-mail or use UserVoice to report bugs or feature suggestions.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-06 04:37:40

SRC

Server to Remote audio

Erlend,
Great job, as I mentioned in the review.
I was wondering if you plan to work on a new feature of streaming audio from the computer/server down to the phone/remote, and if so, when you think you'll have to time to complete it? (My entertainment center is complete otherwise.)

Thanks for the good work,
-SC

#2 2012-09-06 06:47:07

Erlend
Administrator

Re: Server to Remote audio

Hi there!

That feature is on my todo list, but unfortunately I need to do a lot of polishing on other areas of the app before I can start working on it. You should probably give me at least a month before I can start looking at it, and then another month to complete it. I may be able to prioritize it more, but I can't guarantee anything, I'm afraid.

Thanks for the feedback!

#3 2012-09-06 11:35:08

NWDreamer

Hi Erlend!
Seems much better to be posting here in the wishlist area and not in the bug area. ;-)

As an extension of the above request, I was actually coming over here to mention that a future big request would be to work with MM's "Play To" abilities (when it's done, if it's not now).
HERE'S the comment that refers to it.
I've been playing with your remote now, but I rarely play anything on my computer (and used to use an Airport Express with iTunes for this).
Once this functionality is working in MM (like I said, if it's not now - I need to go check), this would be HUGE for your app!

I imagine myself sitting on the couch using my tablet to pick songs from MM and send them to one or more systems to be played...

I'll take this in with a few other feature suggestions in their own thread.

#4 2012-09-09 10:21:10

Erlend
Administrator

Thank you, I'll keep the "Play To" feature in mind. It seems to simplify things a bit.

#5 2013-06-10 12:43:31

NWDreamer

Perfect timing to resurrect this thread.
I'm just about to add a LOT more songs to my Media Monkey (something rediculous like over 100,000 more).
I've only got about a MONTH of prep and formatting to do - lol!

(P.S., Hi Erlend!)

#6 2013-06-12 17:53:37

Erlend
Administrator

Hi there!

I am currently looking into the new feature in MM 4.1 which allows us to select a DLNA player to play to. Is this the same as the feature you guys are requesting? (Sorry, I'm not quite familiar with these things yet.)

#7 2013-06-13 07:07:16

NWDreamer

Good question!
I'll have to do a little research there myself.
Soon I'll be ready for this functionality at home (just moved a few months ago and have been working on a couple of new projects which is why I haven't been bugging you about updates - lol!).

I know most wireless routers now come with a USB slot to add a NAS device so if you can store your music there, access it from your remote app and then send it to the output device of your choice that will be awesome!
Of course, that brings with it the next evolution of accessing your music from remote applications because the NAS could be exposed as a shared URL.
I would assume that could also mean using your phone or tablet as a media player with a HUGE library available.
Man, I wish I wasn't so busy working right now, I'd love to really spend some time and figure this out - hehe...
I guess I can read up on it a bit and see what hardware is required.

[Edit:
Was just reading the Digital Living Network Alliance entry in Wikipedia and found that the headquarters for the DLNA organization is only about ten(!) miles away from me.
Cool.]

Board footer